Adolescent Substance Use/Misuse: A Clinical Overview of Working with Today’s Youth
Mark Myers, LCSW, CADC
Myers Counseling Group
Friday, August 23, 2019
9 am - 12:15 pm - Workshop
12:15 pm - 1 pm - Lunch and Networking
Warren Township Youth and Family Services
100 S. Greenleaf St.
Gurnee, IL 60031
This workshop is great for anyone who works with youth and wants to better understand current trends and issues related to adolescent substance use, navigate the challenge of understanding when that use is a problem and how best to intervene. In addition, the presenter will discuss parenting methods and attitudes that reduce the likelihood of substance use and abuse, and the impact of drugs on the brain development of youth.
Workshop Learning Objectives:
- Gain a better understanding of adolescent substance use
- Better understanding of when adolescent substance use is a problem
- Awareness of current trends
- Better understanding and introduction to effective approaches and interventions with adolescents
Registration fees, which include lunch, are:
- $20.00 for AITCOY Members
- $35.00 for Non-Members
3.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be awarded for Illinois Social Workers and Professional Counselors. IAODAPCA CEUs also available. Registration deadline is August 16, 2019.