Social Media and Youth
Detective Mark Frey, School Resource Officer
Lake Zurich Police Department
May 26. 2022
1:00 – 3:00 pm - Webinar
Due to ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this workshop will be offered virtually.
Social media, like youth, are constantly expanding and changing. Many studies have shown the damaging effects of social media on teen’s mental health and their perception of themselves. Learn about risk factors and important signs to help keep youth safe. Join Detective Frey in discussing the risk factors, warning signs, and preventative measures to keep youth safe on social media.
Workshop Learning Objectives:
- Participants will learn ways to protect youth from cyberbullying, violence, and hate speech, on social media.
- Participants will gain perspective on harmful factors of social media.
- Participants will gain perspective on social media’s impact on youth’s social interactions.
- Participants will identify ways to incorporate information from this session into treatment for better outcomes for youth with mental health using social media.
Registration fees are:
- $20.00 for AITCOY Members
- $35.00 for Non-Members
2.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be awarded for Illinois Social Workers and Professional Counselors. Registration deadline is May 23, 2022.