The Value of Self Care
Alison Beauvais Carris, BCBA, LCPC
Founder of Behavioral Learning
August 25. 2022
1:00 – 3:00 pm - Workshop in-person at Oak Park Township and via Zoom
Please note that there is a limit of 22 persons for the in-person option and it will be first-come first-served basis.
130 N. Oak Park Avenue (Senior Services Dining Room)
Oak Park, IL 60302
The nature of our work can be mentally, physically, spiritually, and emotionally taxing. As such, developing our own self care practices to combat burnout is paramount. Our society stresses the importance of caring for ourselves, but how do we put it into practice? Through the lens of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, this presentation breaks down what self-care is (and isn’t!) and outlines strategies that we as caregivers can employ to “fill our own cups” in order to live a life we truly value.
Workshop Learning Objectives:
- Participants will understand the origins of the term self-care.
- Participants will be able to articulate personal and professional actions that align with the value of self-care.
- Participants will be exposed to tools to explore your own personal and professional values.
- Participants will identify at least 2 practical recommendations for applying self-care in your own life.
Registration fees are:
- $20.00 for AITCOY Members
- $35.00 for Non-Members
2.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be awarded for Illinois Social Workers and Professional Counselors. Registration deadline is August 22, 2022.
Please note that delivery of the presentation may change due to the pandemic. You will be notified of this change.